By purchasing a ticket to KeikenCon you are agreeing to our policies.
Rowan University’s KeikenCon Anime Convention (KeikenCon) is an annual fundraising event for the Emmanuel Cancer Foundation, a charity that focuses on helping New Jersey families facing pediatric cancer. We are committed to providing a safe, fun, PG-13 rated, family-friendly experience. The convention’s primary goal is to provide a happy, fun, and welcoming day by bringing our community together to experience, understand, and celebrate the beauty and depth of anime and related art forms, by showcasing its influence on contemporary society.
KeikenCon’s policies, listed below, help to ensure a safe convention and that everyone will have an enjoyable and memorable experience. All of KeikenCon’s Policies apply to everyone at the convention, including attendees, panelists, vendors, guests, and staff. KeikenCon expects its volunteers, vendors, and each of their guests or representatives to follow all applicable laws, regulations, and rules. KeikenCon reserves the right to modify these policies at any time without prior notice. Rowan University’s Public Safety and KeikenCon staff will continuously monitor the event and anyone not following the policies will result in expulsion from the convention and possibly criminal action.
- KeikenCon is a charity event organized by Rowan University’s Anime Club, with the kind assistance and support of the Student Government, the Volunteer Office, the Rowan University Libraries Digital Scholarship Center, and other organizations and student clubs. The event is run solely by a team of volunteers.
- We want everyone to have fun and be safe. Please always be kind, thoughtful, and conscientious of all attendees, staff, and public safety.
- Please watch out for each other, take care of one another, and help those who need help.
- Please be especially aware and careful on the staircase, intersecting hallways, and traffic outside the building. Look out for you anime friends!
- Please make room in elevators, especially for families and our disabled attendees.
- Please don’t leave the convention with strangers or someone you barely know.
- Please make sure that your friends and parents know when you leave or if you are going home early.
KeikenCon General Policies and Rules
For your safety and the safety of your anime friends please follow all policies, rules, signs, and instructions.
- Children 13 years old and under must have a parent or legal guardian with them at all times. Parents, must not leave child unattended. The parent or guardian must also purchase a ticket.
- Anyone 14 up to 17 years old must attend with a legal adult (18 and older). This adult must purchase a ticket and stay at the event.
- All minors are required to carry with them at all times written identification and parent/guardian contact information.
- KeikenCon does not have convention-wide announcement or paging system. We are unable to page an attendee.
- KeikenCon is a family friendly, PG-13 rated event and you must be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of KeikenCon staff or Public Safety. Please follow all KeikenCon and campus rules, local laws, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- We encourage everyone to cosplay, but please make sure your costume and behavior is family-friendly and complies with the local laws and convention rules at all times. Think PG -13 rating.
- Anyone assaulting, threatening, discriminating, or behaving inappropriately including slurs, bullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred to another person or in general, including any instance related to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender is strictly prohibited and will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- Anyone engaged in unwelcome or inappropriate contact will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- Anyone engaging in obscene language, lewd or sexual behavior, or making inappropriate recordings will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- For the safety of everyone, selfie sticks are not permitted inside the event or within 50 feet of James Hall.
- Play-fighting and/or rough-housing is not allowed. Still poses for photographs are allowed with the individual’s approval.
- Firearms, realistic weapons, and props are not permitted. Rowan University Public Safety and KeikenCon staff will refuse your entry into the event and you will not receive a refund. (See weapon policy)
- If you do anything that risks or threatens the safety or well-being of anyone at the convention you will be asked to leave. You will also likely be criminally charged.
- Anything that is illegal outside the convention is illegal inside the convention.
- All forms of smoking (including vapes and e-cigarettes) are prohibited inside the building and within 50 feet of all campus buildings.
- Event staff and attendees are prohibited from consuming alcohol or drugs, or bringing it on the premises. Violation will result in expulsion from the event and criminal action.
- Attendees are asked to refrain from any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees or the operation of the convention.
- Hoverboards, skateboards, skates, non-ADA Scooters, and other personal vehicles will not be allowed in the convention. Health related devices are permitted.
- No Solicitation
- By purchasing a ticket to KeikenCon, you are granting your permission to be photographed or recorded by authorized KeikenCon staff, for archival, educational, promotional, and security purposes.
Registration and Access to the Event:
- The KeikenCon staff and Public Safety have sole discretion to permit visitors access to the event. Access will be denied if we recognize or suspect violations of KeikenCon policies.
- KeikenCon is a family friendly, PG-13 rated event and you must be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of KeikenCon staff and Public Safety. Please follow KeikenCon and campus rules, local laws, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- All attendees must purchase a ticket through the online ticketing system. By purchasing the ticket you are agreeing to accept and follow all policies.
- Refunds will not be made after 7 days before the event.
- You must bring a photo ID to the event. The KeikenCon staff will require your ID for event registration.
- Attendees will receive a wristband that must worn at all times during the event. If you take it off or lose it, you will need to pay a new entrance fee. No exceptions.
- If your wristband becomes damaged, do not remove it. Please see a staff member.
Attendees with Disabilities
KeikenCon is dedicated to accommodating to the best of our ability all attendees and volunteers who have disabilities protected by federal, state, and local accommodations and accessibility laws. If you are an attendee who needs reasonable accommodation, we want to make your experience as fun and entertaining as possible. Please contact KeikenCon@rowan.edu before the event and we will make every effort to accommodate your need. However, please understand that there are a few limitations, on what we can provide. Please note:
- All seating is on a first-come, first- served basis, so special seating may not be available if you wait until the last minute to get to the room. Please read the program guide for the most up-to-date schedule information, and plan your day accordingly.
- The event is taking place in James Hall and most sessions will be on the second and third floors. The elevator will likely be crowded and slow. Please plan in advance and allow plenty of time to change floors.
- Registered service animals are welcomed, but they must at all times be obedient and behave in a manner that is safe and non-threatening to other attendees, other service animals, and staff. Only registered service animals, with the documented certificate, will be permitted into the building. If a service animal is behaving in a way that threaten attendees, staff, or other service animals (barking, howling, lunging, growling, snarling, scratching, biting) we will require that you remove the service animal from the premises (not leaving animal in vehicle). No poisonous, illegal, or exotic service animals are permitted. By purchasing a ticket to the event you agree to and will cooperate with KeikenCon requests.
- Each disabled attendee and helper must purchase a ticket through event registration.
- If you need a break from the crowds for any reason, please visit any of our Information Stations or visit the Quiet Lounge (room location TBA).
- KeikenCon takes all forms of harassment very seriously. Anyone assaulting, threatening, discriminating, stalking, or behaving inappropriately to another person, including any instance related to age, race, religion, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender, or slurs, bullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred is harassment and is strictly prohibited. This behavior will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- Anyone engaging in obscene language, lewd or sexual behavior, or making inappropriate photographs or recordings will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- If at any point during the event you feel suspicious, threaten, unwelcome, or uncomfortable about someone’s behavior or activity, please immediately inform KeikenCon staff or Public Safety.
- Everyone attending KeikenCon has the right to privacy. Before you take a photograph of an attendee, you are require to politely ask for their permission. Not following this policy will result in expulsion from the convention.
- Keep your hands to yourself. At all times, respect your fellow attendees’ privacy and personal space.
- Everyone attending KeikenCon has the right to privacy. Before you take a photograph of an attendee, you are required to politely ask for their permission. Not following this policy will result in expulsion from the convention.
- You are not permitted to request or accept payment to be photographed.
- Guests are not permitted to solicit customers or advertise photography or modeling services. If this happens to you, please inform staff.
Solicitation and Commercial Business Policy
- Conducting any commercial business such as selling or asking for donations, doing transactions, commercial networking, or advertising without KeikenCon’s prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
- Unlawful commercial conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of KeikenCon, staff, local and federal law, or law enforcement officers will result in expulsion from the convention and criminal action.
- Anyone doing business at KeikenCon must have written permission, and must do business only at the assigned location.
- Each vendor must clearly post their refund policy and make their business contact information available to attendees.
Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking, Vapes, and E-Cigarette Policy
Rowan University’s KeikenCon Anime Convention (KeikenCon) is committed to providing a safe, family-friendly environment. KeikenCon expects its volunteers, vendors, and each of their guests or representatives to follow all applicable laws, regulations, and rules. Event staff, vendors, and attendees are prohibited from consuming alcohol or drugs, or bringing it on the premises. Violation will result in expulsion from the event and criminal action. All forms of smoking (including vapes and e-cigarettes) are prohibited inside the event and within 50 feet of campus buildings. Rowan University Smoking Policy
Cosplay and Prop Policy
- All costumes and props must comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- KeikenCon is a family friendly, PG-13 rated event and you must be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of KeikenCon staff and Public Safety. Please follow KeikenCon and campus rules, local laws, and regulations when selecting your costume and props.
- KeikenCon Staff and Public Safety has the final say on the acceptability of any cosplay costume or prop. Please note that most weapons and props will not be allowed.
- Weapons or weapon like props are NOT under any circumstance permitted at KeikenCon or on the Rowan University Campus.
- Props with laser pointers or similar capabilities are not allowed
- Costumes, clothing, objects, or symbols that contain, depict, or represent vulgar remarks or illustrations, adult content, hate, or hate speech in any language is NOT permitted under any circumstance.
- Costumes that have dangerous protrusions such as spikes or sharp edges is not permitted.
- Body paint must be sealed, dry, and non-transferable. If you sit on any furniture and damage it with body paint you will be responsible for all damage expenses.
- If during a panels or event, your cosplay blocks the view of others, we will need to relocated you so that others can see.
- If you are discovered with an unacceptable costume or prop, you will be asked to leave the convention and you will not receive a refund.
Follow us on our social media pages to keep updated with the current information about the event!